Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Summer Intensive Beginners 1
Farolito Spanish Intensive Summer School- January 27-30th $300
On completion of Farolito’s Beginners 1 level you will be able to:
- Have a simple conversation about personal information.
- Talk about intentions and interest.
- Describe geographical locations and the weather.
- Use acquired grammar basics.
- Greeting (Degrees of formality)
- Give and ask personal information (name, age, occupation, place of origin, place or residency, languages, phone number, email address)
- Ways to ask about words
- Regular Verbs conjugations -AR, -ER, -IR
- Irregular Verbs SER (to be), TENER (to have)
- Reflexive verb LLAMARSE (to be called) (Pronouns me/te/se/nos/os/se)
- Question words (qué, cómo, cuál, dónde, cuánto(s))
- Gender in nouns
- The alphabet
- Numbers 1-100
Unidad 2-Quiero aprender español
- Express intentions
- Talk about interests
- Talk about motives for what we do
- Personal Pronouns (yo/tú/usted/él/ella, etc)
- Regular Verbs conjugations –AR, -ER, -IR
- Verb QUERER (eÝie) (to want)
- Verb INTERESAR (to be interested) (Pronouns me/te/le/nos/os/les) porque/para
- Definite article (the: el/la/los/las)
- Gender and number in nouns
- Prepositions a/de/con
- Leisure activities
- Activities to learn Spanish
Unidad 3-¿Dónde está Santiago?
- Describe places and countries
- Say what there is in a place
- Say where things are
- Talk about the climate
- Verb HABER (HAY-there is/there are)
- Verb ESTAR (to be-location)
- Noun/ adjective gender and number agreement
- Quantifiers (uno/unos/una/unas, mucho/mucha/muchos/muchas)
- Question words (qué, cuál, cuáles, cuántos, cuántas, dónde, cómo)
- Superlative (el/la/los/las + adjective)
- Geographical names
- Have a simple conversation about personal information
- Talk about intentions and interests
- Talk about obligations and future plans
- Textbook: Aula Internacional 1 New Edition
Farolito Spanish Language School refund policy
- Enrolments for group classes or private lessons are non-refundable, please choose carefully before enroling.
- Credit options are available in case of extreme circumstances (E.g. sickness) in the first week of a course to be used in other course within a specific time (subject to availability).
Farolito Spanish Language School terms and conditions of enrolment:
1. Refunds. Enrolments are NOT refundable. Group courses are not refundable or redeemable for private lessons, please choose carefully before enroling.
2. Payment dates. Full payment of a course is required to process a booking. Full payment should be made before the term starting date.
3. Group classes cancellations.
- A minimum of 3 students is required to open a group course. Payments are fully refunded in the event of cancellation of classes on behalf of Farolito Spanish.
- In the case of a group class having less than 3 students, Farolito reserves the right to shorten the course at its discretion.
4. Credit and Deferment.
- Credit options are available in case of extreme circumstances (E.g. sickness) in the first week of a course to be used for the next available Term (subjected to availability). Credit transfer will incur a $40 administration fee.
- In any other circumstances, enrolments are non-refundable, transferable to other person or, in the case of group classes) redeemable for private lessons, please choose carefully before enrolling.
5. Levels. We will ensure to recommend you the right level. However, we understand that sometimes it is difficult to find your feet on the right level.
- Changes are only possible within the first week of the course you have enrolled in. Please contact us to discuss your options.
- Changes will be subjected to availability, as places are limited.
- For a level assessment please complete the following Level Assessment Test or contact us.
6. Payments options.
- Credit Card (preferred). We receive credit card payments through our booking system (WeTeachMe), in person or over the phone on 9820 2299. Enrol online to receive a discounted fee.
- Cash. Cash payments at our office 2/29b South Caroline, South Yarra 3141, VIC
- Cheque. Payable to Farolito Spanish sent to: 2/39b Caroline St, South Yarra, 3141, VIC
- Bank transfer or deposit (please state your name, purchase order or invoice number) to
Westpac Bank- Account Name: Farolito Spanish BSB 033169 # 320297
7. Group booking-Missed classes.
- With our Farolito Blog Farolito Spanish-Nuestra Communidad you will have exclusive access to class materials and extra practice, content seen in each class as well as your assigned homework.
- If you missed a class you are also welcome to attend another class on that same week (at the same or lower level) to maintain the contact with the language (subject to students’ numbers, please contact us before attending a make up class). Make up classes are ONLY available during the period of enrolment (course duration).
- Missed classes are NOT refunded.
8. Private lessons cancellations.
- Please give notice 48h in advance if you need to cancel your class.
- Lessons which are cancelled less than 48h before they were scheduled to take place will be charged in full.
- Farolito Spanish will ensure to inform you in advance of any changes to your scheduled booking (Eg. Your teacher is sick and there is no replacement available).
- Private lessons 5h block is to be completed within 10 wk, with no exception.
- Private lessons 10h block is to be completed within 20 wk, with no exception.
- Block bookings are NOT refundable, or transferable, please choose carefully before booking.
9. Gift vouchers.
- Gift vouchers are valid for the period state in the voucher (usually 12 months from purchase date). Enrolment must be made for courses starting within that period.
- Gift vouchers are NOT redeemable for cash, text books or private lessons (unless specified).
10. Multiple Term Booking.
- Multiple terms are to be used by the same student in consecutive terms from enrolment.
- Multiple terms bookings are NOT redeemable for private tuition.
- No further discounts or special offers apply (unless clearly stated).
11. Your enrolment accepts signing up to our mailing list to receive our monthly newsletter. Please sign out if you prefer not to receive the newsletter.