Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Al son de Cuba: Mojitos, Fidel and the Internet
Learn about Cuba past and present and get inspired to join us for our Farolito Cultural Cuban Tour in March/April 2015.
About Español sin Fronteras Language and Culture Series
Language and culture are two indivisible parts of a people’s world vision. The Spanish language gives us the opportunity to immerse ourselves in a sea of identities with one common tongue. Farolito Spanish Language School wants to bring you closer to different cultural manifestations from the Spanish-speaking world through our series Español sin fronteras (Spanish without borders), language and culture courses with which you learn and reflect on diverse cultural aspects beyond the stereotypes, while advancing your linguistic abilities. ¡Descubre el mundo hispano!
- Making Cuba: A historical background
- Cuban Revolution: The big change
- Viewing Cuba: The arts
- Women's power: Las mujeres de cuba
- Cuba in the 21st Century: The internet and beyond
- Learn about Cuba past and present
- Get inspired to join us for our 15 day Farolito Cultural Cuban Tour in March/April 2015
Farolito Spanish Language School refund policy
- Enrolments for group classes or private lessons are non-refundable, please choose carefully before enroling.
- Credit options are available in case of extreme circumstances (E.g. sickness) in the first week of a course to be used in other course within a specific time (subject to availability).
Farolito Spanish Language School terms and conditions of enrolment:
1. Refunds. Enrolments are NOT refundable. Group courses are not refundable or redeemable for private lessons, please choose carefully before enroling.
2. Payment dates. Full payment of a course is required to process a booking. Full payment should be made before the term starting date.
3. Group classes cancellations.
- A minimum of 3 students is required to open a group course. Payments are fully refunded in the event of cancellation of classes on behalf of Farolito Spanish.
- In the case of a group class having less than 3 students, Farolito reserves the right to shorten the course at its discretion.
4. Credit and Deferment.
- Credit options are available in case of extreme circumstances (E.g. sickness) in the first week of a course to be used for the next available Term (subjected to availability). Credit transfer will incur a $40 administration fee.
- In any other circumstances, enrolments are non-refundable, transferable to other person or, in the case of group classes) redeemable for private lessons, please choose carefully before enrolling.
5. Levels. We will ensure to recommend you the right level. However, we understand that sometimes it is difficult to find your feet on the right level.
- Changes are only possible within the first week of the course you have enrolled in. Please contact us to discuss your options.
- Changes will be subjected to availability, as places are limited.
- For a level assessment please complete the following Level Assessment Test or contact us.
6. Payments options.
- Credit Card (preferred). We receive credit card payments through our booking system (WeTeachMe), in person or over the phone on 9820 2299. Enrol online to receive a discounted fee.
- Cash. Cash payments at our office 2/29b South Caroline, South Yarra 3141, VIC
- Cheque. Payable to Farolito Spanish sent to: 2/39b Caroline St, South Yarra, 3141, VIC
- Bank transfer or deposit (please state your name, purchase order or invoice number) to
Westpac Bank- Account Name: Farolito Spanish BSB 033169 # 320297
7. Group booking-Missed classes.
- With our Farolito Blog Farolito Spanish-Nuestra Communidad you will have exclusive access to class materials and extra practice, content seen in each class as well as your assigned homework.
- If you missed a class you are also welcome to attend another class on that same week (at the same or lower level) to maintain the contact with the language (subject to students’ numbers, please contact us before attending a make up class). Make up classes are ONLY available during the period of enrolment (course duration).
- Missed classes are NOT refunded.
8. Private lessons cancellations.
- Please give notice 48h in advance if you need to cancel your class.
- Lessons which are cancelled less than 48h before they were scheduled to take place will be charged in full.
- Farolito Spanish will ensure to inform you in advance of any changes to your scheduled booking (Eg. Your teacher is sick and there is no replacement available).
- Private lessons 5h block is to be completed within 10 wk, with no exception.
- Private lessons 10h block is to be completed within 20 wk, with no exception.
- Block bookings are NOT refundable, or transferable, please choose carefully before booking.
9. Gift vouchers.
- Gift vouchers are valid for the period state in the voucher (usually 12 months from purchase date). Enrolment must be made for courses starting within that period.
- Gift vouchers are NOT redeemable for cash, text books or private lessons (unless specified).
10. Multiple Term Booking.
- Multiple terms are to be used by the same student in consecutive terms from enrolment.
- Multiple terms bookings are NOT redeemable for private tuition.
- No further discounts or special offers apply (unless clearly stated).